Welcome!

Welcome to my homepage!





Monday, December 6, 2010

Monday Lab- Adjective Clauses and Shopping!

Good afternoon my lovely Level 4 students! Who doesn't like to shop?-- (except me?)

1)  Shopping Story (Mistake)

~Pretend you bought something at your favorite store and you need to return/exchange itWrite your story.
What was the item? When did you buy it and why? Where did you buy it? What was wrong with it? What do you want to do about it?

~Next, Research the store policy on the Internet and write it down the important information.

~Finish your story.  Use an adjective clause in your story. For example:
The shoes (that) I bought last week at Marshall's were too small, so I returned them.
Ralphs accepted the bread that was old/moldy and gave me a fresh one.
Sears would not accept the toaster (that) I tried to return yesterday because I bought it too long ago and they would not accept the used item.

Be prepared to report to the class tomorrow!! You may also post your story here in the comments.

__________________________________________________________

2) Adjective Clauses: Using Who and That (or Which)

Remember, adjective clauses add information about the noun it is describing using "who" (or "that") for people and  "that" for things. The clause comes right after the noun it describes!

The clerk is very nice. She works at the first register.
The clerk who/that is very nice works at the first register.
(She is replaced with the relative pronoun who (or that) and is inserted right after the noun it describes--the clerk)

Now you create one!

-------When that/who is the OBJECT of a dependent clause, then that/whom is optional (it can be deleted).

I listened to the violin music. My daughter played it.
I listened to the violin music (that) my daughter played.

The violin teacher just left for Korea. I've known her for 5 years.
The violin teacher (whom/that) I've known for 5 years just left for Korea.

"just left for _______" is an expression.

Now you create one!
__________________________________________________

3) Ventures Arcade Website Unit 7

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yesterday,I went to Macy store that always sells the lastest clothes to buy a shirt for my husband's birthday .The shirt 's too tight so I need to comeback Macy store that is near my house to exchange an other one .First,I took a shirt that is in perfect condition and receip that is within 30 days to customer service .Then everything was too easy for me to exchange a fitted shirt that my husband will like after the sale ossociate that I really appreciate good service after he checked all of things necessarily

Hao Long said...

One month ago, I bought a cable modem in the Pasadena Bestbuy. But, I found that the modem had no power when I pulged it in electric socket. So, I just could exchange it. The next day, I went to the Bestbuy customer sevice department and told clerk about the defective of the cable modem, then, I exchanged a same type modem. It is easy and satisfying in the exchange process. I appreciate the customer service of Bestbuy.

Chae Hyun Ahn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.